We have all been to an outdoor wedding at some point in the summer months and boy do we despise those little unwanted guests crawling on us. From mosquitoes to ants, they invite themselves and bring other friends with them.
It is important to do as much bug prevention before the wedding as possible to make sure that your guests are not attacked by these little creatures. Here are 5 things you can do to help make your guests comfortable outdoors at your wedding:
- Spray the ceremony/reception grounds with an unscented bug spray; if this is at a private residence, hire a bug exterminator to treat the area 24-48 hours prior to the wedding.
- Provide mini bug spray packets for guests to use if they need it.
- Get rid of any nearby standing water if possible; if not, try getting these Mosquito Dunks that you can place in the water.
- Light citronella candles/torches and place them around the area your guests will be in. Be sure to place them in a safe place to prevent anything from being inflamed. Note: some venues in the Washington, DC area prohibit open flames. If so, put the citronella candles in a taller glass vase.
- Select flowers that insects aren't so attached to, but still look beautiful
By doing these 5 simple things, your bug guest count will be minimal to nothing! Let us know if you have any questions. We would love to hear from you! Contact us!